Indian Head Massage is a massage applied to the upper back, upper arms, head and neck areas. The massage techniques are designed to promote relaxation, relieve stress related muscle tension and improve blood flow in the head and neck areas. As the treatment has the option to be performed without the removal of clothing, it is commonly used on airlines, in offices and workplaces, particularly where there are stressful situations or physical problems arising from the continuous use of computers.
Following the completion of this course you will be able to carry out an Indian Head Massage treatment.
This Course will cover:
- History of Indian Head Massage
- Indian Head Massage Techniques
- Benefits of Indian Head Massage
- Where and how to deliver
- Professionalism of the Practitioner
- Balancing Chakras
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Use of Oils
- Setting up your work area
- Health & Safety
- Indian Head Massage routine
- Case Studies – a minimum of 25 treatments (4 full case studies)
Balens Ltd insurance have confirmed that they will accept this certificate in order to insure.
There are 30 Guided Learning Hours for this course, which includes;
- 4 x Attended Days 9.30am-5pm (2 x weekends)
- You will need to carry out a minimum of 25 treatments as part of your evidence requirements. This will comprise of the following:
4 full case studies – each client will receive 5 treatments.
The treatments that you carry out in class on each other and for your practical assessment on the last day will also count towards the 25 treatments. You will need to complete a few more single treatments at home.
Learners will be required to show achievement of a range of relevant learning outcomes and assessment criteria, as set by the NOS. This will include the following practical assessments and theoretical knowledge will be assessed during your training time:
- Indian Head Massage Portfolio of Evidence to include; all treatments, case studies, completed workbooks in your portfolio and present to me on the 3rd day of the course.
- Short multiple choice test
- Minimum of 25 treatments
Cost of the course: £350
Venue: Aromalyne Studio, 60 Ancton Way, Elmer Sands, Bognor Regis, West Sussex, PO22 6JP (this will be dependent on Covid19 restrictions).
Support: You will receive continued support for the duration of this course by Christina Lyne via zoom and email.
On completion of the course and submission of the Portfolio of Evidence and Case Studies you will receive a Certificate of Achievement in Indian Head Massage from Aromalyne Training.
Next Course Dates:
17th/18th July 2021 and 3rd/4th September 2021 ONLY 1 PLACE LEFT
27th/28th November 2021 and 8th/9th January 2022