The Practitioner’s Certificate in Essential Oil Blending is taught by Christina Lyne, Aromalyne Training and is comprehensive and practical. You will study and gain the knowledge of the principle of the use of Essential Oil, Blends, Carrier oils and the making of Natural Products. You will learn the benefits of essential oils and how to implement them into your natural products for yourself and for your clients, understand the effects and sources of essential oils, provide safe and effective treatments to clients in difference circumstances and apply essential oils in mediums such as creams, lotions, balm and water based products.
This course does not qualify you to carry out Aromatherapy Massage. Due to the current National Occupational Standard (NOS) wording you cannot call yourself an Aromatherapist but you can call yourself an Essential Oil Practitioner. This course is insured by Balens Ltd.
Duration: this is an 18 hour online course comprising of 6 attended online sessions (6-9pm one evening per week) and one attended practical product making and blending day (9.30am-4.30pm).
Cost of the course: £350 (Learners will be required to purchase a course kit).
Venue: the online training sessions will take place on Zoom. The attended practical day will take place at the Aromalyne Studio, 60 Ancton Way, Elmer Sands, Bognor Regis, West Sussex, PO22 6JP (this will be dependent on Covid19 restrictions).
Qualification Gained: CPD Certified Practitioner’s Certificate in Essential Oil Blending.
Requirements: This course is available for complete beginners with no previous experience as well as qualified therapists. Learners must be over the age of 18.
Support: You will receive continued support for the duration of this course by Christina Lyne via zoom and email.
About this course: this course will include the study of 40 essential oils and their use when blended into a carrier oil, cream base, lotion base and water-based products (room spray and rollerball), safe use of inhalers and making a lip balm.
The following Essential Oils will be covered; Lavender, Lavandin, Lavender Spike, Clary Sage, Sweet Marjoram, Rosemary, Thyme, Peppermint, Basil, Patchouli, Neroli, Petitgrain, Orange Bitter and Sweet, Bergamot, Lemon, Mandarin, Grapefruit, Roman and German Chamomile, Eucalyptus (4 types), Tea Tree, Geranium, Black Pepper, Fennel, Rose damask and cabbage, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood, Frankincense, Ginger, Lemongrass, Vetivert, Cedarwood, Cypress and Juniper.
The following Carrier (Fixed) Oils; Sweet Almond, Apricot Kernel, Peach Kernel, Soya, Peanut, Sunflower, Grapeseed, Olive, Avocado, Sesame, Linseed, Hazel, Walnut, Macadamia, Coconut, Evening Primrose, Castor, Rapeseed, Rosehip, Safflower and Jojoba.
Learners will be required to show achievement of a range of relevant learning outcomes and assessment criteria, as set by the NOS. This will include the following practical assessments and theoretical knowledge will be assessed during your training time:
- Practitioner Certificate in Essential Oil Blending Workbook which you will complete from the course and your own research.
- Essential Oil and Carrier Workbook which you will complete from the course and your own research.
- Completion of Understanding the Skin Workbook and the Olfactory and Limbic System Workbook.
- Multiple Choice Test.
- Case Studies – 2 people will receive 2 treatments.
- Attending the Practical Product Making and Blending Workshop.
This course will cover:
- Introduction and development of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy.
- History of Aromatherapy.
- How Essential Oils work in the body – physiological therapeutic effects.
- Essential Oil Safety (updated for 2021), Storage of Essential Oils, Hygiene and Risk Assessments.
- Introduction to the Chemistry of Essential Oils
- Understanding the Skin, Olfactory System and the Limbic System.
- Good practice and legal obligations.
- Business studies.
Essential Oil Blending:
- Understanding Dilutions, drops v percentages v weight. The 100 Rule!
- Appropriate carriers and dilutions for client/condition.
- Choosing how to make the right product.
- Client Care – Consultation procedure and Contraindications.
- Looking at putting Blends together for more complex situations.
- Preservatives – when and why?
- Safe and Effective Diffusing.
- The making of Infused Oils.
- Aroma Psychology – Emotions (Limbic System) and Olfactory System.
- Study of 40 Essential Oils, 20 carrier oils and blending into cream base, lotion base and water-based products (room spray and rollerball), safe use of inhalers and making a lip balm.
- Introduction to the legislation and compliance requirements when selling products.
Manuals and Certification:
Training manuals will be downloadable to each learner via email before starting the training course. These manuals will be available to download for 60 days once your course has started. It will be the student’s responsibility to download and save the training manuals within this time. Manuals can be read on all devices.
Certification of your course will be posted to you once you have met the learning outcomes.
Next course starting September 2021
Please contact me to book your place or for more information firstname.lastname@example.org